Welcome to the first Family Practice & Community Psychiatry Nurse Practitioner Fellowship in New York State!
The Nurse Practitioner Fellowship Program runs from September to September every year. The program will be accepting five Family Nurse Practitioners and two Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners for 2023 – 2024.
- November 1, 2022 – Application opens!
- January 1, 2023 – Rolling admission begins.
- March 15, 2023– Application closes! The Fellowship Team will review applications and begin to inform prospects if they have been invited or put on a waitlist.
- April 2023 – Applicants are interviewed by the Fellowship Team.
- May 2023 – Applicants are informed of the final decision and are given one to two weeks to accept or decline the position of NP Fellow.
- June – August 2023 – Newly appointed fellows will begin credentialing and prepare for onboarding.
- September 2023– Fellowship begins!
Family NP and Psych NP Fellows and Scholars will have graduated before the start of the fellowship and must have a Masters in Nursing or be a Doctoral candidate from an accredited institution. Other eligibility requirements include:
Family NP and Psych NP Fellows must:
• have a New York State license prior to start of fellowship
• apply for DEA at time of acceptance into the program
• be Board Certified by the start of the program
• hold a clinical appointment at another institution
• meet onboarding requirements from their respective employer which may include state licensure and DEA certification
The Nurse Practitioner Fellowship Program has three applications
- Family NP Fellow. Applying as an Family NP Fellow or a Psych NP Fellow means you will be employed by our company, Community Healthcare Network. You will work in a hybrid setting (remote and in-person) and see patients, observe at specialty rotations all throughout New York City and participate in didactics.
- Psych NP Fellow. Applying as a Psych NP Fellow means you will be employed by our company, Community Healthcare Network. You will work in a hybrid setting (remote and in-person) and see patients, observe at specialty rotations all throughout New York City and participate in didactics.
- Scholar. Applying as a Scholar means that you are are an externally employed Psychiatric NP who will remotely participate in our didactics and case presentations.
You must pick the type of application, fill in every field, and check all that applies to you below to submit your application. Email [email protected] for any questions!